Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In the spirit of Milan vs Barcelona

If you at all are passionate about football tonights CL game between Milan and Barcelona will have been something you've probably looked forward to for a while now. I know I have been at least. Barcelona are the big favorites with Messi in better shape than ever. Milan with Ibra in excellent shape too, will have to play at their very best and beyond to pull this off. I could go on forever pre talking this game. The lacking speed of the Milan defense, Ibras relationship to his old club etc... But since it will be difficult to add to anything that has already not been said I'll choose a different angle...

...a completely totally irrelevant angle.

The team I go for tonight is Milan. Milan is from Italy. Italy i famous for a great number of things. One of them is Ferrari. I'm going to talk Ferrari instead. Farfetched, sure... But I'll do it anyway. If nothing else it will make the time go quicker until the game...

Ferrari has built a number of cars over the years that have become iconic classics. Most fans will say the 250 GTO is the most iconic. I could agree with that, but if I don't count the rarity of it, or how crazy expensive (recently sold for $28 million) they sell for, I would rather own a different Ferrari.

The 250 GT California Spider.

To be fair, it's quite rare and expensive too (recently sold for $11 million) so it's not really like it's within reach but anyway.

When it comes to car design I'd say you'd get a whole bunch of coupés at the top before you'll se a convertible on the list. Regardless of make. But for me it's not only about pure design. It's about feeling too. It's about how it would feel to drive the car on highway 1 on a magical summer morning as the sun rises. Then the GT California Spider would be my weapon of choice. To feel the power under the hood, the direct steering, the roaring engine, the salty whiff of the ocean, the warm sun in the crisp morning air and almost feeling like I'm flying a world war II Spifire rather than driving a car...

Leaving LA, driving north towards SF. Stopping along the way at Santa Barbara, Big Sur and Carmel. Hanging out in SF for a while and then head to wine country... and then back again.

Yep, all of that I would do in the great Italian Stallion the 250 GT California Spider.

One hour to go, forza Milan!

















The 250 GTO. Not bad, but not my choice.
And since it auctions at $ 28 million that is
just as well.

Ok, it may not be of the same caliber as those above,
but my Firebird will do for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment