Sunday, March 25, 2012

Getting the most out of a one hour shorter day

I really despise when we turn the clock forward and loose an hour every spring. It's an age old thing that has something to do with the guys who went out super early in the morning to the barns to milk the cows or something. Well guess what, it's all automated today!

Anyway, waking up today "one hour late" I also realized the weather outside was to say the least very nice. I had already planned to get a lot done today, but as I was prioritizing in which order to do what, I completely changed the plan for the day considering how nice it was, and decided to hang out with the kids in Ulriksdals Slottspark instead. It was a decision that I did not regret.

We all used to live out there before and I know the park inside and out. My favorite destination in the park is Ulriksdals Slottsträdgård which is a Plant Nursery that is well worth a visit even if you are not intending to buy anything. I used to go there every weekend when I lived out there. Wandering among the abundance of plants of every sort imaginable one really reenergizes and gets filled with inspiration. The kids love it too as there are lots of fun activities for them as well.

And although I no longer have a garden to buy Magnolias or various exotic bushes for, I did leave there today with some flowers that Diana with great enthusiasm very carefully picked out and which will be planted in some urns for our terrace. Let's just say when it came to her colour choices that she is a strong believer in "more is more".























No comments:

Post a Comment