Friday, March 30, 2012

D-day

Today was D-day. In every sense of the word. It was the big day of Diana's fifth B-day bash. Throughout the process of organizing this event it felt in many ways like I (and Diana's mother) was organizing a wedding. I actually have some experience of that being involved in a little wedding thing a couple of years back, so I know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, the finale today was executed as well as one can expect when your home is invaded by an army of fun loving, super energetic and in general awesome kids.

I'm not sure how it's possible, but it felt like the total amount of kids that were present , were populating each and every room in the apartment at the same time. They must have cloned themselves as they entered through my doorway.

The trick when it comes to hosting an unavoidable chaotic happening like this however, is to on the one hand have it all well planned before, but on the other hand to just go with the flow and roll with the punches as the set agenda pretty much is blown apart within the first ten minutes.

Above all my belief is that the ultimate key to success is to let loose and allow yourself to have as much fun as they are having. And I sure as hell did! And what about the subject of the celebration herself? Well she was one happy client as she hit her pillow and was asleep within seconds...

...just as I will in a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment